Definition of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information about a living individual that falls under any of the following:
1) Information that can identify a specific individual based on the name, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email address, occupation, workplace, and other descriptions included in the information (including information that can be easily matched with other information, thereby identifying a specific individual).
2) Information containing a personal identification code.
Acquisition of Personal Information
1) Information provided by customers, such as name, gender, age, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, and payment-related information (including bank account and credit card numbers), through registration for our membership services, purchasing products via our website, and responding to surveys conducted in our stores, etc.
2) Information recorded when customers use our website or purchase products, such as browsing history, purchase history, search keywords, date and time of use, method of use, usage environment, IP address, cookie information, and location information.
Use of Personal Information
Our company uses personal information within the scope of the stated purposes of use when acquiring it. When jointly using personal information with third parties or entrusting the handling of personal information to third parties, we conduct strict investigations on these third parties and supervise them appropriately to maintain confidentiality.
Purpose of Use
1) To provide information about various products and services to customers.
2) To notify customers in advance through documents, etc.
3) To use for business activities such as marketing research represented by usage trend surveys.
4) To use for information distribution, marketing activities, and other services.
5) For identity verification at the time of login.
6) For processing, payment, and delivery of product orders.
7) To facilitate smooth use of our services by users.
8) To process personal information into a non-identifiable format and create statistical data to promote the use of our services.
9) To respond to inquiries from users.
10) To notify users of information related to our services or advertising information from other businesses.
11) To provide new plans related to our services.
12) Personal information provided through social media services such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., will be used for our advertising and sales activities.
13) For lotteries in campaigns and for shipping prizes and products.
14) For identity verification when responding to inquiries from users.
15) To exercise rights and fulfill obligations based on contracts or laws.
16) In cases based on legitimate reasons under laws and regulations.
17) To make necessary contacts, such as important notices related to our services.
Our company will not disclose or provide users' personal information to third parties, except in the following cases:
1) When there is consent from the user.
2) When required by law.
3) When necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent.
4) When particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the healthy development of children and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent.
5) When necessary to cooperate with a national institution or local public entity or their entrusted parties in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the user's consent could impede the execution of the affairs.
Joint Use of Personal Information
Our company may jointly use the acquired personal information with our group companies within the scope of the purposes of use mentioned above. In such cases, our company will be the primary responsible party for managing the jointly used personal data.
Safety Management of Personal Information
Our company strictly manages the personal information provided and takes comprehensive security measures to prevent leakage, misuse, and alteration of personal information due to unauthorized access by third parties.
Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
Our company recognizes that customers have the right to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion of their personal information and will promptly respond to such requests without objection. If you have any opinions or questions regarding our handling of personal information, please contact us at the contact information below.
Use of Links to External Sites
Processing of Personal Data of Customers Residing in the EEA or the UK
Customers residing in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK are advised to also see the following items:
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Our company processes customers' personal data to fulfill the purposes of use stipulated above, based on the following legal bases:
Performance of any contract involving our products and/or services.
6）For processing, payment, and delivery of product orders.
15）To exercise rights and fulfill obligations based on contracts or laws.
Our company uses the customers' basic information and other information, including contact information, to perform any contract involving our products and/or services.
Promotions regarding our products and services.
1）To provide information about various products and services to customers.
9）To respond to inquiries from users.
10）To notify users of information related to our services or advertising information from other businesses.
11）To provide new plans related to our services.
12）Personal information provided through social media services such as Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), etc., will be used for our advertising and sales activities.
13）For lotteries in campaigns and for shipping prizes and products.
17）To make necessary contacts, such as important notices related to our services.
Our company uses the customers' basic information and other information, including contact information, to give promotions regarding our products and/or services. The legal basis for the processing of such personal data is our legitimate interest of providing better options for the customers by providing information on products and/or services, or the customer's consent.
Planning/development/analysis/improvement of products, services and the like.
3）To use for business activities such as marketing research represented by usage trend surveys.
4）To use for information distribution, marketing activities, and other services.
8）To process personal information into a non-identifiable format and create statistical data to promote the use of our services.
Our company uses the customers' personal data for the planning, development, analysis and improvement of products and/or services. The legal basis for such processing of personal data is the legitimate interest of our company of continuously improving its products and services towards safer and more superior products and services for the customers.
Improvement and other development of our website.
5）For identity verification at the time of login.
7）To facilitate smooth use of our services by users.
Our company may use the information processed in association with the use of our website for the improvement and other development thereof. The legal basis for such processing of such information is our legitimate interest to achieve the benefit of having a more convenient and comfortable use of our website.
Responses to comments/requests/inquiries to our company.
2）To notify customers in advance through documents, etc.
14）For identity verification when responding to inquiries from users.
Our company may use the information concerning comments and other communications given it to respond to customers regarding the same. The legal basis in this case is the performance of the contract with the customer, or the customer's consent.
Responses of our company to statutory obligations and requirements
16）In cases based on legitimate reasons under laws and regulations.
Our company may use the customers' personal data to respond to its statutory obligations.
Exercise of rights by customers・Access to personal data
the right to obtain access to the personal data which our company holds about customers・Rectification of personal data
the right to request that our company rectifies customers’ personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete・Erasure of personal data
the right to request that our company erases customers’ personal data in certain circumstances・Restriction on processing of personal data
the right to request that our company restricts our processing of customers’ personal data in certain circumstances・Data portability of personal data
the right to receive any personal data which our company process about customers on the basis of the performance of a contract with customer or customers’ consent (as opposed to any other legal ground) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that our company transmits that data to a recipient where this is technically feasible・Object to processing of personal data
the right to object to our company about our processing of your personal data・Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data
the right to withdraw customers’ consent to our processing of customers’ personal data at any time. Please note, however, that our company may still be entitled to process customers’ personal data if our company can rely on another legal ground for doing so・Lodge a complaint with the data protection authority
the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if customers think that any of customers’ rights have been infringed by our company
Based on the manner of its use, customers' personal data may be transferred to any country outside of the EEA and the UK. In this case, prior to such transfer, our company shall ensure that an appropriate standard for data protection can be achieved. For instance, it means that a standard for data protection that is similar to that of the EEA or the UK can be achieved by using the standard contractual clauses specified by, or relying on an adequacy decision issued by, the EEA or the UK.
Retention period of personal data
Our company stores personal data for the time required to carry out the purpose indicated above, or for the time specified by laws and regulations. When customers’ personal data is no longer needed, our company will promptly take measures to delete or anonymize it in a safe way.
Contact: Heralbony Co., Ltd.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2-34, Kaiunbashidori, Morioka-city, Iwate Prefecture, 020-0026 Japan